Sunday, November 2, 2014



Last friday (the 24th) I went to Velour in Provo to see Midas Whale play. Påndo opened and I had never heard of them, but they were really talented and I really enjoyed their stuff, and then Ryan Innes finished off the set. The atmosphere was so cool. I was just standing in awe of the decorations and lighting and whatnot. It got me really excited about the music scene here.

I went alone, and I honestly don't know if I would have enjoyed it more or less if I were with a group. I've been going to things alone a lot lately, (especially since I moved to Utah) so it gets easier each time. I would say it really started last fall when I was up at school and Kelsi was engaged and Brianne had just left on her mission, and I knew that I still wanted to do things and go places even if there was no one to go with me.
I hope that feeling doesn't prevent others from doing what they want to alone, because going solo isn't always so bad. I made a friend at this show and I ended up having something in common with her, and it's something that I don't find myself having in common with a ton of people, so it was cool that she understood. It was cool that I met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment