Saturday, September 20, 2014



This was written on monday after a hard day. I had just started a new job (long story) and I was feeling really isolated, and feeling like moving to Utah was so crazy. There's been a lot of good. There's been so much good, and there have been people who were sent to me when I needed a friend. But there's been a lot of difficulty too - stuff that's really pushed me and caused me to think about who I am, what I'm doing, and who I'm trying to be. 

 "Confession time: life has been hard these past two weeks since I moved to Utah. Almost everything I had planned on turned out differently (but isn't that always how The Lord works?) and there have been some of the loneliest moments of my life. Moments where I don't know what I'm even doing. I've tried really hard to be brave and to have a positive attitude about it, but tonight I hit a wall. Today hit me and things just sort of suck right now. I know that despite everything, I have been blessed in so many ways and I have to hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day to start over. If you're having a rough time too - we're in this together, and even though we can't see the finish line...we're gonna make it."

Anyways, I'm doing better now. I have received so much love and support and it's been overwhelming, but it has been exactly the thing I need to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment