Thursday, April 17, 2014

4/11/2014

Much to our surprise, Kelsi is able to join us for our day in Portland. Because she is a foodie, she takes us to the Waffle Window. I have a breakfast waffle with tons of fruit on top, and blackberry basil lemonade. So. Good. Chris and I fall in love with the charming houses in the Hawthorne neighborhood (?) because they have character. We vow to live there one day.

She knows we would also love Powell's City of Books, and she is completely right. I buy Wildwood, Into the Wild, and Sparky! (It's a hilarious children's book about sloths. I had to walk out of that store with that book, right?)

We finish off our glorious day at Salt and Straw, where we try bizarre ice cream flavors like strawberry balsamic and olive oil. I get almond brittle with salted ganache and it is so delicious. One of my favorite things about Salt and Straw (and many other stores in that neighborhood) is the huge windows that open up, so it feels like you're sitting outside.
__________________________________________________

We honestly did not get to stay long enough in Portland, so you can bet your bottom dollar that I have plans to go back - probably with Brianne. She's a good companion to adventure with.


















No comments:

Post a Comment